The Environment and Us
Environmental and Sustainability Statement
We consider care for the environment to be essential both in terms of our duty to society and to ensure the continuity of our business. We are committed to minimising our environmental impact, and carbon footprint through the adoption of sustainable practices. This commitment encompasses operations on-site, as well as, in the area of administration, and product supply. In doing so, we aim to balance the needs of our customers, employees, and the public by incorporating sustainable development principles into all our activities. We consider suppliers as part of an integrated supply chain and will consider their impact in these areas.
The issue of environmental impact is widespread and covers items as diverse as packaging, recycling, and energy and water consumption.
We believe that our operations impact the environment and so we use products that are not only safe to use but are also environmentally friendly. We do not use dangerous products and environmentally unfriendly products such as bleach. In our operations we only use biodegrable products that are not harmful to the environment. We keep water usage to a minimum consistent with meeting our Health and Safety, and customer responsibilities. In terms of energy usage we have modified our systems to reduce our energy consumption.
When purchasing new equipment we seek where appropriate low energy systems.
We reuse and recycle products where we can. For example, in the office all paper is reused where it can be, and then recycled. Packaging is minimised in terms of the products that we sell but for products that we purchase packaging is recycled.
One of our objectives is to manage the impact of our carbon footprint. This exercise will be undertaken to enable the business to reduce its carbon footprint where possible, and then if necessary to offset our outstanding carbon emissions.
We consider care for the environment to be essential both in terms of our duty to society and to ensure the continuity of our business. We are committed to minimising the environmental impact of our operations, services and products through the adoption of sustainable practices. We aim to balance the needs of our customers, employees, and the public by incorporating sustainable development principles into all our activities.
- We will adopt the principles of continuous improvement in an endeavour to reduce our impact on the environment.
- As a minimum we will meet the requirements of the relevant legislation in the areas that we operate.
- We aim to implement our policies through an environmental management system.
- We will consider the environmental impact of our services at every stage of the process including during the planning and bidding stage, as well as, delivery.
- We will ensure that every employee is environmentally aware and encourage them to act in an environmentally responsible manner.
We will improve the environmental performance of our business through continuous improvement, development of our processes, and where appropriate investment in new products in order to:
- Improve energy performance
- Minimise emissions
- Minimising waste
- Maximising recycling
- Controlling noise
- We will dispose of any waste arising from our processes in a responsible manner.
- We will contribute to sustainable development by using energy, water, and materials more efficiently thus optimising our use of natural resources.
- We will work with our customers to help them improve their environmental performance.
- We will encourage suppliers and sub-contractors to behave in a responsible manner by adopting a sustainable procurement policy.
- We will set environmental targets and goals, and undertake an annual self audit to measure and monitor our performance against our targets.
We will communicate with staff, customers, suppliers, and the public in a number of ways but will use a combination of the most appropriate methods such as:
- Toolbox talks